Regis Catholic Schools is dedicated to educating students of all faiths in a Catholic, Christ-centered environment.
We are united by Our Core Values of Living Faith, Accepting Responsibility, Promoting Teamwork, Achieving Excellence, and Inspiring Leadership. All families who identify with these Core Values are invited to enroll in our schools.
Regis Catholic Schools has the following additional admissions policies and procedures:
A. Students are accepted without regard to race, color, or national or ethnic origins. Children of all faiths are welcomed and expected to share in religious education.
B. Early enrollment for current RCS students and their siblings is from the announced Open Enrollment date in late January through March.
Order of Priority
After reaching the deadline of the tuition drawing, RCS will determine if there are available places for all enrolled students. If there are more enrollments than places available, the following will be considered in order of priority:
1. Kindergarten through 12th grade students who are currently enrolled at RCS and are current on tuition and fees owed to RCS.
2. Siblings of kindergarten through 12th grade students who are currently enrolled at RCS.
3. Active members of our supporting parishes (Immaculate Conception, Sacred Heart/St. Patrick, St. James, St. Mary’s, St. Olaf, Newman Parish at UWEC) who are practicing Catholics.
4. Children of RCS’ employees.
5. Preschool students at one of our RCS tuition-based preschool programs.
6. Children enrolled at one of our RCS Child Development Centers.
7. Children enrolled in one of the RCS-based Eau Claire Area or Altoona School District 4K programs.
8. Family home address and school district boundaries for busing considerations.
9. Transfer from another Catholic School outside of the RCS system.
10. Date of application/first to enroll.
C. Wisconsin state guidelines for age and grade level will be followed in the admissions process.
D. An age-appropriate development and/or educational assessment by the principal and/or faculty may be given to students entering the school. This assessment assists in the placement of a child. Admission requirements include but are not limited to: review of previous school records, standardized tests, a meeting with the Enrollment & Tuition Coordinator and/or member of the RCS Administrative Team, a school tour, and classroom visitation.
E. As a private school, the teaching-learning environment may not be designed to accommodate the needs of all children. The admission process facilitates determining if RCS can provide a suitable educational program for the child seeking admission.
F. Class size is guided by the Enrollment and Class Offerings Policy and determined by the President. When a class is at capacity, all waiting list requests will continue to be considered by application date for future admission.
G. Students accepted into the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (School Voucher) who are new to RCS cannot displace other currently enrolled students from a building. Accommodations will be made to make sure there is room for the new students to be in a grade-appropriate class.
Regis Catholic Schools respects the dignity of God’s children. All children have a right to a quality education. In addition to the pursuit of academic excellence, a Regis education will support their relationship with God and guide them to live and work with others in accord with Gospel values.